The Online Maintenance-Custodial Request allows University housing residents and staff to file a maintenance or custodial work order to request a problem within a residence hall be fixed or corrected. If you have any questions about a Maintenance-Custodial Request and when to use it, please consult your RA/CRA or your Community Director.
NOTE: Filing a false work request may result in disciplinary action taken against the person who filed the work order.
How do I submit a maintenance request?
- Read the step by step instructions below. These instructions contain the password needed to successfully submit a work request.
- Click the MY UA HOUSING button at the bottom of this page to complete the online submission process
How long does it take a request to be processed?
All work requests submitted online are tracked and checked several times a day, Monday through Friday. For labor reasons, if you submit your work request during business hours, you will be contacted within 24 hours of your request. If you submit a work order during non-business hours, you will be contacted within the first 24 hours of the next business day.
Note:In case of an emergency after hours, please contact your RA.
I’m having problems with submitting on my computer?
Your web browser should meet all of the following requirements. If it does not, then the online submission process may not work. Browser Requirements are:
- Internet Explorer 7 (or higher)
- Firefox 3.6 (or higher)
Step by Step Instructions
To Register as a Requester:
If you have not already done so, you will need to register as a requester to submit a maintenance/custodial work order.
- Click on the MY UA HOUSING link below. (Note: If you would like, you may either add this page to your favorites or create a shortcut on your desktop.)
- Enter your LAST NAME and click Submit
- On the next screen, enter your first name, which is required, and contact numbers if desired. Once you have entered your information, you will come to the work request form.
- Click on the Settings tab
- At the bottom of the screen, enter the submittal password arizona and click Submit
- You are now entered as a requester in MaintenanceDirect
To Enter a Work Request:
Note: All required fields have a red box and check mark next to them.
- Click on the MY UA HOUSING link below
- Enter your email address and click Submit
If the system says it can’t find your email, you may NOT be registered as a requester and will need to register, see steps above.
- Click on the Work Request tab
- This screen will be filled in with your information from the email address you entered at the sign-in screen
- Click on the drop-down arrow and highlight a Location where you want the work to be done and click the mouse. Follow the same steps for Building, then for Area. Be sure to enter your area or room number.
Note: When entering more than one request at a time without logging out, your location will be set to a default. A red link to the right of the location will appear that says Change Location, should you need to enter a request for a different location. There is also a box under Step 2 that says “Yes, remember my area entries for my next new request entry.” If this box is checked, the Area and Area/Room Number entries for the next request will be saved. Once you log out and log back into the Maintenance-Custodial Request, everything will be reset and you must select Locations, Area, and Area/Room Number again.
- Under Select Problem Type, double-click the icon that best describes your problem. A red circle with OK will appear beside the icon.
- Type in your description of the problem in the field provided
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select a purpose code. Your choices are Custodial, General Maintenance, and Key & Lock.
- Type in the submittal password (arizona)
- Click Submit
- After you click Submit, the screen will refresh and go to the My Request tab.
- On this screen you will see up-to-date information on your request, including the Status, Work Order Number, and Action Taken notes. You can click on the gray box with a black dot in it next to any of the information listed in the blue bar to sort all requests in ascending or descending order by that information
- You can also search for any work order request by typing in a key word in the Search box and clicking on GO. This will pull up any of your requests with that word in it. For example, typing keys would pull up any request dealing with keys.
- Click on the Maint Request tab to input a new request.