Fine Arts Community (The Arts District) in Manzanita-Mohave Hall
The College of Fine Arts, in partnership with Residence Life, strives to support the successful transition of Fine Arts students at the University of Arizona. By creating a dynamic and collaborative residential environment, The Art’s District Living Learning Community will provide a space for the freedom of expression to take to forefront and for students of the arts to optimize growth in leadership, academic success, and networking with artists from diverse backgrounds.
The Arts District Living-Learning Community is a safe and inclusive space where fine arts students can both live and learn with other artists who share similar personal and academic interests and goals. This Living Learning Community serves approximately 30 Honors and non-Honors students pursuing fine arts degrees at The University of Arizona. Students are integrated to University life through study groups, access to studio and rehearsal space, peer mentorship and College-student interaction. The ideal student for this program is a motivated in their discipline, has an interest for artistic leadership, and seeks a greater sense of community through creative diversity. Partners provide pathways for students to meet their academic goals, become acquainted with a broad artist and campus community, while fostering personal and professional development for first time University students.
Programs and Services
A few resources and services that make the Fine Arts LLC a great place to live are:
• A Faculty Fellow from the College of Fine Arts who meets with students
• A Student Mentorship Program, allowing students to gain experience from upperclassmen in their major.
• A Leadership In The Arts Seminar where student learn to develop their practices professionally and personally.
• Interaction with faculty, current Fine Arts students and young professionals
• Art display cases to showcase your work
• Discounted tickets to UA Presents events.
• Group trips and tickets to School of Music
and other campus performances
• Group study rooms
• Field trips to off campus activities
• Tutoring in residence by fellow CFA students
• Think Tank located in the building
- Submit online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- Submit Fine Arts application to Fine Arts Major
Note: Students must also be admitted to the College of Fine Arts to the Schools of Art, Dance, Music, or Theatre, Film & Television. Program enrolment will include students from each academic division.
- Submit intent to participate letter to the College of Fine Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Space is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis, so commit early!
Deadline to apply for the Fine Arts theme community is July 1, every year.
For general housing questions email email@example.com.
For program information contact:
Program Coordinator, Recruitment and Outreach
College of Fine Arts