Health Professions Community in Graham-Greenlee Hall
Housed in Graham-Greenlee Hall, the Pre-Health Professions Theme Community (PHPTC) is available to students whose area of academic interest is in a health profession such as pre-med, pre-nursing, pre-dental, pre-pharmacy, pre-veterinarian and physiology. The goal of having the PHTC is to help students decide on and prepare for entry into their chosen Health discipline.
The PHPTC provides students with the opportunity to connect with a group of students who share an interest in health professions. An out-of-class curriculum is facilitated by a Graduate Community Director and six Resident Assistants who work with this community. Participants will have the opportunity to attend a wide variety of pre-health related programs such as specialized workshops, information sessions, tutoring and group study sessions in science, math, and writing.
Special emphasis is put on student/faculty interaction and is accomplished by having faculty come to the living community and interact with students in social and academic activities outside of the classroom. The PHPTC is a joint venture with Residence Life and the College of Nursing.
Benefits of the Health Professions Wing
- Tutoring in the sciences, math, and writing
- Opportunities to tour the different health professional colleges
- Attend panel discussions with UA alumni, Professors, medical staff at UA Medical Center and current students in health professions programs
- Student-faculty interaction outside of the classroom
- Community building and social events
- Study groups
- Health career information
- Academic support programs
- Close to Bear Down Gym where academic advising is located
- Submit the online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- When you receive your invitation to self-assign, select the hall and Health Professions Community (based on availability)
NOTE: Space is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis, so commit early!
For more information on living in this community email email@example.com.
For program information contact: