You use the reassignment process to change your fall semester hall assignment (building, room type or both), BEFORE YOU MOVE IN. To request a change AFTER you move in, please use the Hall/Room Transfer Request.
When can I reassign to another hall or room type?
You can complete the reassignment process after your self-assignment to a hall is "confirmed". Self-assignments are confirmed when you:
- Completed the self-assign to a hall process
- Sign and submit your License Agreement, and
- Pay your $200 Confirmation Rent Payment (CRP), regardless of the CRP due date (pay before your due date if you want to request reassignment!)
How do I reassign?
You now have two options for reassignment through "Self-Assign" in My UAHousing:
- “Reassign” yourself through self-assign based on current availability.
-This is your best chance at moving halls so check back often because we process cancelations daily
- “Hall Self-Assign Waitlist” allows you to place yourself on up to three specific hall/community reassignment waitlists
What is the Hall Self-Assign Waitlist?
The Hall Self-Assign Waitlist was created as another option for reassignment to a selected hall. In addition to submitting a waitlist request, we strongly encourage you to also continue checking the available space in self-assign between now and July 1 to reassign yourself. The waitlist will be used to fill cancelations once the self-assign process is closed. Here is some additional information:
- You may place yourself on up to three hall/community waitlists
- Reassignment is NOT guaranteed
- We will continue accepting hall self-assign waitlist requests until July 1
- We will begin filing any available space with waitlist requests after July 1
- After July 1 and until we send out room assignments in mid-July, we will fill any available space randomly from the waitlist
- If you have an active waitlist request we will reassign you without contacting you. The new assignment will be final and any active roommate request will be deleted.
- You can log in to edit or cancel your request at any time
- Reassignment fees apply, see below
When is the latest I can reassign?
July 1: Residence Life's reassignment process is available until July 1. This allows us enough time to complete room assignments by mid-July. If you are looking to change halls after you move-in please see the Hall/Room Transfer Process.
Is there a cost to submit a reassignment request?
Depends: Your first reassign is free, each additional reassignment incurs a $15 fee.
Are reassignment fees refundable?
Will I definitely get reassigned?
The online reassign process allows you, in real time, to select another hall or room type (based on availability) and receive immediate confirmation.