The Engineering Leadership Community (ELC) is a unique living-learning community that brings together first and second-year engineering undergraduate students, helping them to develop their skills as future members of the profession, while giving them a real sense of belonging to the College of Engineering. Students have the opportunity to form a cohort of peers who attend classes together, receive guidance from a faculty member, pursue social networking among the UA engineering community and explore engineering professions. The ELC is located on the 3rd floor of Gila Hall.
The Engineering Leadership Community activities will offer students many opportunities to interact with faculty members, industry mentors, engineering clubs and the many engineering-related activities on the UA campus.
Benefits of the Engineering Leadership Community
- Exclusive access to specialized courses designed to help with personal, professional, and leadership development in engineering
- Receive guidance from faculty members and industry mentors – including Resident Assistants who are upper-division engineering students
- Interact with your engineering Faculty Fellow
- Study with in-house tutors and peer study groups from the comfort of your own residence hall
How to Apply
- Submit an online housing application
- Pay the non-refundable housing application fee
- Be admitted to the College of Engineering
- The theme community application process, inside your housing application, opens in January. Space is limited.
NOTE: You must have a housing application on file to be considered this community
For information about living in this community, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more program information, contact: